Saturday, June 30, 2012

Alaska

I'm trying out mobile posting. So posts might be small but frequent.

I'm in Alaska, I've decided that grape fruit is a new favourite touring food. After a few weeks of Luna bars and cliff, I'm done with processed sugar and constantly feeling my mouth is pealing from the inside. Graphic I know, but this is what it feels like.

By the way, did I mention I'm in Alaska? I've met up with my three fellow touring partners, we're staying at the lovely house of Linda and Angie, nested against the eastern mountains of anchorage.

The sun sets at 1am and rises at 3am. I feel I'm in perpetual summer, it's beautiful. Cotton wood spreads seeds gently floating thro the air. Magical.



We set out for Denali in two days.
A bounty of pictures to come. Till then, I'll leave you with the view from the plane. It shocked me when I saw it. Preparing for landing, I look out the window to the most magnificent sight and it wasn't till this moment that I realized the grandness of Alaska and what I'm about to do.

There is a nervous bubble in my belly. I'm tingly. I smile to myself at every moment of reflection. This is going to be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment